The version got bumped to 2.1, which means that besides bug fixes, I was able to include some frequently requested features.
Simply put, I would not be able to do that without Sitecore developer community support, so big thanks goes to Nick Wesselman, Mark Stiles, Adam Brauer, Kam Figy, @motoyugota, Kyle Linden (sorry if I forgot someone).
Here are some highlights of what was changed:
- _alltemplates field is now registered in configuration.
- You can now search by multiple templates.
- Fixed SearchHits.FetchResults second parameter (end vs count).
- Search configuration is now simplified with a trick that @kamsar shared.
- Bug with index update / publishing race condition fixed.
- MustNot search parameters not working correctly.
I’ve reworked how the search parameters are translated to Lucene queries, which was causing this particular issue.
- Crawling of multiple field values.
- Enhancements for typical search use cases.
- The demo pages cleaned up.
- Lots of cleanup and refactoring.
If you need to module for your Sitecore 6.6.0 solution, give it a shot. If you have any issues, please submit them here.
Finally, and this is what I should have done in the beginning, the Crawler and Searcher components of this project are now distributed via NuGet, so simply issue the following commands in the Package Manager Console to get the install the module:
And one last thing - the project now has home hosted on GitHub Pages: